Tuesday, June 22, 2010

the art of threading

Hi loves!
I hope you all had an enjoyable Father's Day!


This weekend I got my eyebrows threaded, and had a reader request to go into more detail.
Eye brow threading is "... an ancient art of hair removal that is particularly suitable for sensitive skin". I prefer Sukhy's in North Providence/Pawtucket, 5 minutes in and out, but she also has an additional location in Seekonk. I find that threading offers more control than waxing, hurts much less, lasts longer and does not leave the skin red. I love how perfectly shaped my brows are when I leave, no more caterpillars, no more hairy bush face, yayyyyyy.


I know you are sitting on the edge of your seat wondering what the best part is.......every 10th visit is free!   Who doesn't love free beauty services??????   If you answered 'ME!' to that question then you can donate your free visit to me, win/win situation :) 
This is how it all goes down:



 
 

"The art of threading involves the gentle and precise twisting of a length of cotton thread
along a row of hair, which is then removed.  The twisting thread traps the hair, lifting it
out of the follicle and it is then removed.  Threading allows for greater precision overall 
compared with tweezing and waxing for the achieving exactly the desired effect.  As a 
method for achieving the perfectly arched eyebrow look it is unsurpassed." - Suhky



Try it, if you don't like it I promise that waxing will still be here waiting for you, 
pinky swear!

xoxo,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment