Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy 2011!

Hi Dolls,
I know that I have been super MIA on here and on fb lately, and I need to apologize for that. I had a super busy holiday season, but I am back, and I am hoping that 2011 will be a much better year.
Since I last logged in a ton of stuff has happened....
I went to the Alex and Ani sample sale and stood outside for an hour and a half at 7am on a Saturday morning in 20 degree weather. All to score some deals. I was able to get bangles for $10.00 each EEPPPPP! I got one for my Mom, my BFF and myself. YAY!!! So now I have successfully hooked 3 people, my Mom, BFF and me. 
Thanksgiving was very relaxing this year.
Christmas was a great time, but also hectic. Both of my parents are remarried and Fiance has a huge family, so sometimes it feels like we spend more of Christmas weekend in the car. Have you ever seen the movie Four Christmas'???? That's us, but we don't have a Range Rover :)


What many of you don't know is that I got onto the world's worst insurance plan in 2010. I had to pay for everything, EVERYTHING, out of pocket...we are talking $200 a Dr's visit....$235 for my lady appointment....$200/mo in prescriptions....WHAT THE FRENCH!!!!!
This year I am pleased to announce that I got on a regular, normal plan with deductibles, insert HUGH sigh of relief here.


This is the time of year to make New Year's resolutions. Mine: stop wasting money. 
At this point you are probably asking yourself how a bride to be, at an entry level position with a mortgage, car payment, and student loans could even afford to waste money now. Well, I can't and that is why I need to stop. So, I will not be buying lunch at work anymore unless we legitimately have nothing in the house. Every time I go to the mall I will ask myself, is this something I need or want? If the answer is want, then I will put it on a list somewhere and when I get a bonus at work or when it's my birthday I will revisit that list and make some decisions. No more buying food at the market that will end up going bad. I will make a list ahead of time and go in with a budget. I will also start using cash more for day to day purchases. I have found that I am much more likely to use my debit card than cash. I think twice before handing over 3 $20.00 bills, but I don't think twice about using my debit card for $60.00.


I also promise not to abandon you for  over a month again :)


What are your New Year's resolutions?
How do you plan to keep them?


xoxo,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment